[CBQ] Original CZ cars special run next month

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Original CZ cars special run next month
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:35:12 -0800
Bcc:
I have just learned that the Western Pacific Historical Society will have
it's annual meeting in RENO Nv on April 16th and 17th. They have coodinated
with Train Unlimited to run several excurtions using ORIGINAL CZ cars,
including some dome cars, see following link:

       http://www.trainsunlimitedtours.com/zephyr/

The special train leaves Oakland on April 15th. for Sparks. The convention
is at the Holiday Inn. There will be 2 special excurtions from Sparks/Reno
to Donner Summit and the other to Truckee. Both return to Sparks/Reno. On
the 18th, the specail will return to Oakland - after the convention.

You can check out the WP web site at:   http://www.wprrhs.org/

I am not a member of the WP society but thought I would pass this on to
others.

Ken Martin, Randy Gordon-Gilmore and others in the Sacto area: Maybe you can
chase this special down and get some photos. Or better yet, take a run up to
Reno as I am sure the consist will be parked in the Sparks yard during the 3
day layover.

Have fun

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA