[CBQ] Freight Car Roster

To: <CBQ@YahooGroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Freight Car Roster
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:30:21 +1300
Listers

As has been previously alluded to on this List, I've been working for the last
8 months or so on creating an all-time roster of Burlington freight cars. At
the moment, the project spans from 1891 to 1970, and will go back in time if
the data becomes available

The plan is to have the roster published by the BRHS as a Bulletin or Zephyr
supplement, and to post an abbreviated version to the Files section of this
List and the Steam Freight car List.  A full electronic version would be
available to anyone who wants it.

At the moment, the data is in the form of a spread sheet with about 1200 line
of detail, including numbers and renumbers, builders, classes, dimensions,
capacities, construction information, etc., and this has been extracted from
copies of ORER's kindly provided by a number of members of this and the STMFC
Lists.  To all of you who have contributed, please accept my sincere gratitude.

I'm now making a wider appeal in order to make the roster as accurate and
complete as possible. There are still a large number of ORER's that I haven't
managed to collect yet.  Can you help either with scans or photocopies (with
advance payment of your costs) of the CB&Q pages of ORER's?  The data contained
in the freight car diagram books about the cars is brilliant, and just what I
need . Do you have one that I can get copied extracts from, or check details
against? Do you have any other reference material that might assist?

I'm visiting the U.S. in April to attend the BRHS Meet, so if you have any
suitable material and are also planning on attending, we can save on the
postage costs! And I'm really looking forward to putting faces to e-mail
addresses!

If you think that you may be able to help with this project, please contact me
off List at gamlenz@ihug.co.nz .

Thanks in anticipation

Rupert

Auckland NZ