RE: [CBQ] re: Q truck cab/trailer

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] re: Q truck cab/trailer
From: "Jim Goodin" <horse1@netexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:57:16 -0600
The tractor is an International Harvester or IH "Emeryville" DCOF-405
cabover.  IH produced the model from 1956 to 1965.  Comparing photos in
my International reference book to the YAHOO list photo, the tractor
could be a 1956, 1957 or 1958.  They are the only manufacturer's photos
that show the small marker lights or turn signals on the fenders next to
the headlights.  However, I found a reference photo of a similar tractor
in my 1959 stock holders report.  The caption next to the photo says
"New Cab-over-engine tandem drive tractor".  My guess is that they took
delivery of 1958 tractors in early 1959.

The trailer is a Brown Mfg. 40 footer.  From the various company photos
I've seen, the Q had a bunch of these.  The earliest reference to these
trailers that I found is in the 1958 stock holders report.  There is a
similar trailer in TOFC service on page 28.  However, the trailer's
front marker lights appear to be different.  Anyone on the list know the
number series?

Unfortunately to my knowledge no models of these trailers are produced
in any scale.

Jim Goodin
Davenport, IA