[CBQ] piggy back ramps

To: "BRHSlist" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] piggy back ramps
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:45:23 -0500
Cc: "RITSlist" <ritslist@storm.simpson.edu>
As most of you know, I'm working on a layout based on Keokuk, Iowa.  One of the
things I've just included is the track serving the piggy-back ramp to the north
of the depot.  Since I don't have any really good pictures of the ramp, I was
wondering if there was anything like a standard design (ie. slope of the ramp
etc.) or if anyone could suggest as source for a plan of a basic ramp.  It
necessitated the relaying of some track (removal of a spur that wasn't accurate
for 1963) but this allowed me to fix the curvature of the main line so that the
Zephyr Rocket looks much better as it enters town.
Thanks as always!
Duncan