[CBQ] CB&Q Passenger car names & numbers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Passenger car names & numbers
From: Joe Melhorn <toyman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:42:55 -0800
Hi all,

         I forgot to include a subject when I posted this question before.
I recently purchased the set of Budd cars that Walthers is offering. There
are 11 cars in the set. Unfortunately, they come lettered with only the
Burlington name on them, no reporting marks, car numbers or car names.
There is a set of decals included in each car, but I don't know what cars
were named and numbered or what, so that I might apply the correct names
and numbers! Is there a book available, that lists Burlington passenger
cars? I only have a couple of books for the Burlington, but nothing
covering passenger cars, rolling stock, etc. I don't even know whether the
cars are accurate. I've run into accuracy issues with the Southern Pacific
as far as accuracy goes, trying to represent a Daylight consist. I know
there's brass cars that are accurate in detail and car type, but that's
beyond my means.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Joe Melhorn
Orangevale, CA  95662(near Sacramento)