[CBQ] Re: Burlington Shops

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Burlington Shops
From: "steve_wintner" <steve_wintner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:15:46 -0000
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, amtrak347@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 2/2/04 11:48:53 AM Central Standard Time,
> steve_wintner@y... writes:
> I imagine Baldwin
> was involved in delivering certain major items and therefore got
some
> business out of it.
>
> I believe Baldwin supplied the boilers.
>
> Bob Campbell

Yup, I saw another post after writing mine that suggested the boilers
came from Baldwin and frames from Commonwealth.

A related question - I work in aerospace. In our world, casting
houses make castings, and the casting is then shipped to someone
else, who does the machining. Then the parts are shipped to the
assembly hall and assembled.

Does anyone here know anything about Commonwealth and their cast
frames ? Who had machines to work on such massive castings ? Or did
Commonwealth supply now a raw casting, but a finish machined frame,
ready for assembly ?

Another question - on the Burlington Built locomotives, what were
used for builders plates ? Did the Q have their own ?

Steve

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511