[CBQ] Silver Tureen

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Silver Tureen
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:37:04 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

Last night I caught Amtrak #50, the Cardianl, in Dyer,
IN at about 10:30PM(which meant it was over 3 hours
late leaving Chicago).  I noticed an old Budd-built
car on the end, so I got in front and stopped at a
crossing for a roll-by(it was only going 30mph).  2
Genesis locos and 5 empty coaches later, the last car
came by.  Much to my surprise it was diner Silver
Tureen!  I didn't know the car's exact history, but I
knew it was no doubt Burlington.  I just checked
Randall's car guide and it was built 2/55, ran on the
DZ, and sold to Amtrak in 1972.  This was the first
time I have seen an ex-CBQ car running in service.
Just thought I'd let you all know it's still out
there.

A small question-Does anyone know the route the
Cardinal takes to Penn Station in New York?

=====
Bryan J. Howell
tubaman21@yahoo.com
http://www.burlingtonzephyrs.n3.net