[CBQ] Re: Carbon Black Covered Hoppers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Carbon Black Covered Hoppers
From: "Brian Chapman" <cornbeltroute@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:56:26 -0000
> article in the Jan 1997 RMC that shows a Thrall carbon black
hopper. Article has a drawing. I also have several pictures copied
out of a 1970 (?) car builders cyclopeadiea <

Wade,

Does the Jan 1997 RMC article include a drawing of the saddle? I have
Eric Neubauer's monograph about carbon black cars but, although it's
loaded with info, saddles aren't included among the drawings.

I've got all the Car Builder's Cyclopedias since 1953 and, after
diligent search, I've failed to find carbon black drawings (drats!),
although there are a few photos.

Thanks much for your offer of help,

-Brian

Brian Chapman