Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Steam Books

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Steam Books
From: Don L Zinnecker <dzinnecker@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:27:42 -0600
One good book (the original 'Bible' of Burlington steam is 'Steam
Locomotives of the Burlington Route' by Bernard Corbin and William Kerka.
 Original copywright 1960, and republished at least once (my edition says
1978).   If you can find a copy through a used book dealer, I think I've
seen prices recently around $50.    -Don

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:18:34 -0000 "lickness2002"
<lickness2002@yahoo.com> writes:
> Can anyone recomend a good book at a resonable price that covers the
> cb&q steam especially the 4-8-4.  I just got the new third rail 3
> railversion of it and I love it but need to know more about the life
>
> of 29 as a coal burner vs conversion to oil.  That engine can be put
>
> either way.  I did find that it still exists in the colorado rail
> musium but that is about all.
> Many thanks to anyone that can help me out.  Dave Roxin a new member
>
> to this site brought about the love for the 3rd rail engine.

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: