[CBQ] Re: The SD45 BN Green

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: The SD45 BN Green
From: "david_lee1964" <david_lee1964@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:07:01 -0000
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, milepost206@m... wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> You are right about the original transition green not being BN
Cascade
> Green.
>
> The original BN SD45 transition schemes were painted with John
Deere
> green paint. I spent time at the W Burlington shops getting the
info for
> a custom paint project for the rr when they came out. No one had
decided
> upon the color and the first units needed to be painted. The paint
guys
> sent me home with the paint (about a gallon for 2 HO shells) poured
from
> a barrel clearly marked John Deere Green.
>
> Other units may have been painted a custom shade. I don't have any
info
> on that.
>
> Happy New Year.
>
> Regards,
> Randy Danniel

Prior to the new Q SD power arriving in early 1969 I was building a
Chrysler powered Ford coupe. Friends who worked at a John Deere plant
suggested painting the Chevrolet rear end under the Ford coupe John
Deere green as a joke. They provided the paint and the decal to put
on the pumpkin, decal facing to the rear. Must not of been
any 'bucket checks' the days the paint and decal(s) were borrowed.

>From what I *remember*..... the John Deere green was a yellower
green, a lighter / brighter green than what was on the new Q SD power
which stopped to change crews in front of where I worked. Don't
recall seeing a lone green Q GP and can't remember seeing the green Q
U-boats, so can't comment on them.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: