[BRHSlist] CB&Q Steam Engine Lettering

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Steam Engine Lettering
From: "fahey0" <barrybmlv@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:52:10 -0000
Does anyone know of a comprehensive lettering guide for CB&Q steam
engines? In looking at photos taken in the early 1900s it appears as
if the lettering is in white and the herald is a stencil similar to
freight cars. Later photos would seem to show that the color is
yellow or gold but I can't figure out what the heralds look like.
Obviously by the 1950s the remaining steam engines had full color
heralds on the tenders and the lettering was in Dulux gold. I would
appreciate any assistance.
Thanks,
Barry

Yahoo! Groups Links