[BRHSlist] Re: Other appearances of CZ cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Other appearances of CZ cars
From: "Dennis C. Henry" <dchenry@gac.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:09:31 -0600
Charlie,

I rode in a CZ dome coach that was running on the combined eastbound
NCL/EB/Morning Zephyr from St. Paul to Chicago in the last couple of years
before Amtrak.  I believe it was October of 1970, when there was no real CZ
anymore, but I can't be sure of the date.

Dennis Henry

At 10:32 PM 12/16/03, you wrote:
>The California Zephyr cars were pretty much confined to the CZ because they
>had special auido wiring that was used for train announcements (the reason
>extra non-CZ cars were confined to just ahead of the obvs to limit the
>"quiet" cars to just the added cars and the last one in the train).
>Towards the end the CZ cars could be seen running in other trains;  I don't
>specifically recall any in the DZ but it certainly is a possibility;  the CZ
>cars were pooled with the American Royal and Kansas City Zephyrs.
>Charlie VLK

Dennis C. Henry, Owner and General Manager
Brass Car Sides                                 Phone: (507) 931-2784
715 South 7th St.                                       e-mail:
dchenry@gac.edu
St. Peter, MN  56082-1435                               v-mail: (507) 933-7314
<http://www.brasscarsides.com>http://www.brasscarsides.com
Passenger Car Parts for the Streamliners - Serving the Hobby Since 1978

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511