[BRHSlist] Ex-Q diner on Amtrak

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Ex-Q diner on Amtrak
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:07:02 -0000
Our son Lee was returning to grad school in D.C. after T'giving via CZ from
Osceola, IA to Chicago and then the Cardinal to Alexandria,
VA.  Herein an email from him concerning current equipment of the Cardinal:

"My trip from Chicago to DC was not all that great.  In fact...this trip on the
Cardinal was probably my worst Amtrak experience to
date.  Overbooked the whole way...I was lucky to get a seat as they put many
people up in the make-shift lounge car.  The diner was
only open for one meal Saturday night...and it was 2 hours late.  BUT the
silver lining in the clouds (no PUN intended)...I did enjoy my
one meal in the diner...which happended to be Amtrak 8551...aka CB&Q "Silver
Restaurant"!!! COOL HUH?  It was beautifully
refurbished inside...but needless to say I recognized it upon boarding the
train as an old Budd diner...so upon getting off the train in
Alexandria, I noted the Amtrak number and referenced it online...sure
enough..ex Burlington! (from the CZ)"

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511