Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington Route "Coloradoan"

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington Route "Coloradoan"
From: PSHedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:44:59 EST
I'll attempt an answer strictly from memory...I don'thave an old TT to refer
to.

The Coloradoan No. 19wB and 6 EB was basically a mail and express train with
a coach or two..

I think No. 19 left Chicago in the late am and made lots of stops...It was in
Lincoln (where most of my memories of the train were made in the mid 50's)
about 11:20-midnight IIRC...The train was switched and serviced at Lincoln..it
was here quite awhile...It then went on west making the local stops...Seems
like it got to Denver around Noon or so.

EB No. 6 left Denver in the afternoon...It got to McCook where it laid for
several hours and then came on east..Got to Lincoln in the early am 5-6 plus
minus....Then ran local across Iowa to Chicago.

Sometime in the early to mid 60's it was consolidated with, I think, the
Nebraska Zephyr.east of Lincon. .I seem to recall seeing photos of a very heavy
No. 11 and/or 12  (Nebraska Zephyr) taken by Corbin..maybe even on a calendar.

It definitely was not a lightweight train..Might have had a LW coach or
sleeper from time to time...It was not a train a non railfan would want to
ride...

If someone doesn't come up with better info, I've got some 1950's TT's which
can give exact times if anyone is interested.

Pete

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511