Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Are these guys legal? AKA "Let's go to beans" No. 2

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Are these guys legal? AKA "Let's go to beans" No. 2
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:21:50 -0700 (PDT)
Pete
This tread reminded me of an old coal fields story.
For a long time, the "sun chaser" turn crew, into West
Frankfort Yard, would call for a cab, just as soon as
they set out the MT's. Into town, they would head, to
"eat". After goofing off for an hour or so (more if
they thought they could get by with it), they would
grab the loads and head back to Centralia. Everything
would have worked fine, except no, they got greedy.
Some enterprising conductor (think was Bud Brasdel),
decided to turn in "intermedate terminal delay" time.
Trainmaster G.K. Boyd was NOT amused. There was a
directive that all time slips, for the West Frankfort
turns include a note as to arrival time, departure
time AND time out for eating. The fun came to a stop!
Ever the diplomat, he said, "There seems to be some
misunderstanding".
John

http://shopping.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511