[BRHSlist] Galesburg Railroad Days, the name stays!

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Galesburg Railroad Days, the name stays!
From: "littlegiant_il" <harryg@galesburg.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:20:35 -0000
At yesterday's meeting of the Galesburg Railroad Days Council, the group
decided to keep the name of the annual community festival held each June as
"Galesburg Railroad Days". The public comment was overwhelmingly in favor
of keeping the name. Those that proposed a change withdrew their proposal.

The Council will also be looking into how the folks in Fullerton, Calif.
continue
to get cooperation with the BNSF for their annual "Railroad Days" Festival.
If we can find some magic formula that they use, we might be able to get the
railroad back in the picture.

Unfortunately, some family health issues will prevent me from joining you
folks in St Paul this weekend. Have fun, Be sure and check out Scale Model
Supplies on Lexington Ave a few blocks down from Energy Park Drive. It is a
truly great train store and no trip to the Twin Cities is complete without a
stop.

Harry M Grossman
Director, Carl Sandburg College
Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20.
Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM