Re: [BRHSlist] K-Line /Keokuk

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] K-Line /Keokuk
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 10:15:02 -0400
John,
That's marvelous!  A little late in time for my modelling period, but still
very helpful.  Can anyone indicate whether each number would be a separate
spur, or simply a car location?  Some of the industries seem to have more
numbers than I can account for if they're all spurs, but not if they're
places to drop cars.  Hubinger, for instance, doesn't seem to have had that
many spurs, but some of them are quite long and serve several different
parts of the plant.

While we're asking Keokuk questions, can anyone give me a date for three
events: the construction of the Hubinger barge loading facility, the
building of the large concrete Hubinger elevator, and the demolition of the
river-front General Mills plant (or the construction of the Presbyterian
Church that replaced it)?

Thanks,
Duncan Cameron (building Keokuk, 1963 in Toronto Ontario, 2003)