Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q waycars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q waycars
From: "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:19:27 -0600
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:40:01 -0700 (PDT), tim fleck wrote
> I assume you are talking ho scale, if so Roundhouse
> has ho scale marker lamps #02952. Tim
>
> --- trains82@aol.com wrote:
> > What would anyone on here recommend for rear marker
> > lights for my CB&Q NE-8
> > waycar. Does overland make anything useable?

Adam -

 one solution to the marker light problem (an admitted  compromise for CB&Q)
is the former Utah Pacific (TOMAR, last I heard) AdLake castings.  These are
not perfect, since one has to drill and mounted into the corner post at a 90
degree angle rather thab the 45 degree mount   typical for the Q. . .  the
old Utah castings came with "Grain of Rice" incandescent bulbs which required
2 or more AAA batteries built into/ concealed in the bunk-benches; nowadays,
they can be lit with three-head "white" LEDs and hearing aid batteries.

You still can't "hang" the marker off the corner of the carbody, but a 1.5v
white LED stuffed into a UP/Tomar casting (sanding the LED dome to "leak
light" in all directions_) and wired into a series-wired pair of "button"
hearing aid batteries - will keep your way-car-markers cheerfully lit for 2-3
weeks . . .

Marshall Thayer

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM