Re: [BRHSlist] Attn Marshall Thayer

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Attn Marshall Thayer
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:31:54 -0500
Seal-send-time: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:31:54 -0500
Jane Darwell's home still stands in Palmyra on South Main Street ... I can see
it from my front porch.  The home is lived in by friends of ours and a sign in
the front yard notes the significance of the house.  She did win the Oscar for
the Grapes of Wrath and also portrayed Aunt Pitty Pat in Gone With the Wind.

Interestingly, the home stands watch over what used to be the Hannibal & St.
Joe line from Hannibal to Palmyra.  The line to Hannibal was removed in the
fifties IIRC and recently the BNSF removed the trackage & crossing at Thompson
avenue.  The line still exists from the lumber yard over to where the depot
used to stand....

Archie, how is that waycar?  Going to take Wayne Beever to Mt. Pleasant on
Sunday, should be fun!

Regards,
John Lewis
Palmyra Missouri