[BRHSlist] Steel water tanks

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] Steel water tanks
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:09:29 -0500
Might anyone in the group have a list of steam-era water and fuel
facility locations?  I'm interested in knowing more about the locations
of steel water tanks and ideally, when they were erected.

How widespread was the use of the Burlington Route herald on water tanks
during the steam era?

Can anyone tell me when the practice began and when it was the
discontinued?

Some negatives I acquired recently include several 1930's views of steel
tanks, and nearly all have a white rectangular herald on what I presume
to be mineral red paint.

One even has a large "Everywhere West" slogan on it.

Would there be any interest among Burlington modelers for decals to
replicate the lettering on the various water tank models from Tichy,
Walthers, etc.?  The prototypes look really neat, and I, for one, would
like to model a couple of tanks this way.

Does anyone know if either of the tanks in Burlington ever wore the BR
herald?  Do any photos exist?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511