[BRHSlist] Fw: BN (and Q) Engineering Questions

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] Fw: BN (and Q) Engineering Questions
From: "GLEN HAUG" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:02:35 -0700
I am forwarding a question concerning Ralph Budd from a member of the NPRHS, in
the event that it rings a bell with anyone.  Here it is:

Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 1:33 PM
To: JRM (E-mail); glenehaug@msn.com
Subject: BN (and Q) Engineering Questions

GEH PS - I have been trying to find a citation for a Ralph Budd article in
published - probably in a trade journal - while he was at the Q in the 1930s.
His story covered the car performance of an NP box of lumber moving from Bend,
Ore., to somewhere on the Q (KC I believe). Do you or any of your comrades have
any details on this? I believe a take-off of this was written up in _Trains_
during the 1990s when the UP was melting down to show "what little progress"
had been made over the course of all those years. I ask because some NP
correspondence turned up in the material about Billings/Laurel for the
_Mainstreeter_, where NP officers tried to counter Budd's arguments. Needle in
a haystack, but any help is appreciated.

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM