Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 2-Bay Ribbed Hoppers

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 2-Bay Ribbed Hoppers
From: "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:11:30 -0600
>  > Brothers,
>  >
>  > I'm looking to model a few Q ribbed side hoppers
>  > (using the Tichy HO
>  > model) and am looking for prototype photos to model
>  > by. Does anyone
>  > have an electronic photo or two that you could
>  > forward to help me
>  > with my project? The era I'm looking for is ca.
>  > 1950. Thanks!
>  >
>  > John Golden
>  > O'Fallon, IL

John -

It sounds like you're looking for the HT-5s - a slightly off-beat Galesburg
design characterized by having two-sheet sides - there's a horizontal riveted
seam halfway up th side & running the length of the car.  Back in the late
70s, I did an MR paint shop item on reproducing this car from an Athearn rib-
side twin hopper - it's cheaper & faster than using the Tichy (even if you
clip the plastic grabs, save the cast-on bolts, and install wire) - and it
comes closer to real HT-5 dimensions.  When I did the original article, I
couldn't do much about the trucks, but *you* can swap-in LifeLike P2K
National Bs!  If you can't find the article, e-mail me direct & I'll send you
the how-to, OK?

Marshall Thayer

Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many more for less!
http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM