[BRHSlist] Coffee & Juries

To: ark@bwsys.net, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Coffee & Juries
From: Q5632west@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:57:04 EDT
>juries that give millions to people that spill coffee on
>themselves in their own cars or juries that let O.J. go free.

This is way off topic, but I have to respond to the now infamous coffee
lawsuit as it happened here in Albuquerque when I was in TV news.  Since then
it
has become an urban legend morphed into a political football.  I won't waste
space with the details, but McD's had ignored warnings its coffee was served
dangerously hot.  The pictures of the elderly woman's injuries were truly
disturbing.  Suffice to say juries are tough to fool, and this lady had a claim.

I'll take a pass on why the OJ jury did what it did.

Otherwise what's happening to liability insurance in this country, which
affects more than fan trips and tourists lines, is a scandal ripe for
dissection.

Bill

Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM