[BRHSlist] Update: Red Caboose coil cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Update: Red Caboose coil cars
From: "Doug" <cen7zwu02@sneakemail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:57:06 -0000
Things are looking up for the production of Red Caboose's Evans "Type 4" coil
cars in HO. I mention it here because CB&Q was one of the owners of new Type 4
cars. (83700-83704, BLT 2-69 at Evans Products' Blue Island, IL plant.)

Bill McClung of Red Caboose told me recently, "All the parts for the coil car
are done.  Changes are being made at this time to the body and walkway support
to better hold the see through walkway in place.  I hope that by the end of
this month or the first week of July all changes will be done and approved.  If
this is the case we will be sending production plastic to China for production
about mid July and can look for the cars' return about 90 to 120 days later."

Bill also said, "I still have not decided what names will be first.  I have
been waiting for a complete car so that we can show the car and list the names
of the first roads at the same time.  I am open to suggestions of what people
would like to see first.  If I get two or three then the decision would still
be with me, if I get many then the voice of the consumer will be heard."

More proof that "good things come to those who wait." 8-)

--
     Doug Clark

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM