Re: [BRHSlist] BURLINGTON BULLETIN #10 & 14 FOR SALE

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] BURLINGTON BULLETIN #10 & 14 FOR SALE
From: Mike Gardner <gardnermc@e...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:44:15 -0700
Mel,

I'll take them if I'm first.

Mike Gardner

Mel Carlson wrote:

BURLINGTON BULLETIN #10 is devoted to Burlington E-Units; those elegant, elite, esthetic, exquisite diesels that hauled the Zephyrs and other passenger trains of the CB&Q. This is a definitive study of Burlington's 114-unit fleet of E5's, E7's, E8's. and E9's. I don't exaggerate that this issue contains some of the best photos of CB&Q E's that I have ever seen! Also contains an E unit roster and 4 pages of diagrams of each class of E unit owned by CB&Q. Dated: fourth quarter 1983, 43 pages, mint condition (not a folded or creased page). Pub. BRHS

BURLINGTON BULLETIN # 14 is devoted to CB&Q's steamliner The AEOLUS, CB&Q''s streamlined 4-6-4 that hauled such trains as the Denver Zephyr and Twin Cities Zephyr. The pictures of this speedster are fabulous. My favorite is the Aeolus pulling a 10 car Denver Zephyr streaking across the northeastern Colorado high plains at 85 mph! The train is a blur! Need I say more? Also contains 3 pages of loco & tender diagrams. Dated: Aug. 1985,
39 pages, mint condition. Pub. BRHS

PASSENGER TRAIN ANNUAL 1993, Passenger Train Journal, 64 pages. Contains 2 articles of interest to the CB&Q fan. The first "Hiawathas, Zephyrs, and 400s" discusses the cut-throat competition that existed on the Chicago-Twin Cities route. The second article discusses Burlington E units in suburban service which in 1992 were being replaced by F40PHM-2's. Nice color photos, Mint cond.

I have one copy of each of the above.
All three for $15.00 includes S&H; I accept check or MO.

Contact Mel Carlson <mgcarlson@e...