Re: unusual tank cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: unusual tank cars
From: "Doug" <cen7zwu02@s...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 21:32:55 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...> wrote:
> Will someone please tell me more about these white tank cars that have no
> dome on top, but do have what appears to be square cabinets (with doors) at
> the side's bottom center? There were two of them passing through Brookfield
> this morning (5-26) on a westbound freight.

Kinda hard to be sure without a pic or reporting marks, John, but they sound
like some carbon dioxide tankers I saw years ago. I couldn't tell you what
reporting marks were on the ones I saw, but you might be able to find pics of
one on Fallen Flags or another photo site, and thereby confirm this.

--
Doug C.