DOMELINERS 3 ITEM LOT FOR SALE

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: DOMELINERS 3 ITEM LOT FOR SALE
From: "Mel Carlson" <mgcarlson@e...>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 21:25:11 -0000
I'm offering these items on the BRHSlist because so much of the
text and photos relate to passenger trains operated by the CB&Q
and affiliated roads.

THE DOMELINERS: A PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE PENT-
HOUSE TRAINS, PATRICK C. DORIN, 1973, 224 p.p. Hardbound
The book is a compendium of dome cars, contains 24 chapters
and covers every railroad that owned or operated dome cars.
Individual chapters are devoted to The Burlington Zephyrs, The
California Zephyr, The Empire Builder, The North Coast Ltd. The
final chapter concludes with dome cars operated by Amtrak.
Each domeliner has a route map, timetable, consist for the
entire train, and many photos.The appendix has a dome car
roster. This copy is in mint condition (not a wrinkled page) and
has a jacket that pictures the Twin Cities Zephyr crossing The
Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. This famous photo is again
duplicated in the book on a double page spread.

In adition to the book, I will also include 2 issues of The
Passenger Train Journal for Dec. 1985 and Jan. 1986 which
were devoted to dome cars. The article, "40 Years of Dome
Cars," was written by railroad writer Karl Zimmermann.

All of the above for $17.50 + $3.50 S&H; I accept check or MO.

Contact Mel Carlson <mgcarlson@e...>