Re: [BRHSlist] EMC 511& 512

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] EMC 511& 512
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:11:26 -0500
A project, not on the front burner at the moment, is to find out more about
the early EMC box cabs....
At the Steator meet I saw a book that outlined the Santa Fe units 1A and
1B....they had different carbodies than the 511 and 512 (which may be
identical to the B&O/Alton unit). I haven't seen any plans for them but
they must have made the trade press when they were new....
While the 511 was leased for protection power for the Twins (and DZ??) prior
to the availability of the Aelouses, the Santa Fe leased the 512. It was
relettered Santa Fe on the silver paint scheme and later given the full
Chief paint job. It was numbered 1C.
After the two were returned to EMC the trucks, prime movers, and other
components were used to build a pair of elongated NW2ish road switchers for
the MP.
Charlie