BREX mechanical reefer questions

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: BREX mechanical reefer questions
From: Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@a...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 15:31:13 -0400
Hi! I am currently building a model of a Burlington mechanical
reefer from series 120-149 built in 1953. I can't find a color
photo of the original paint scheme, so I would like to know:

(1) What color was the bottom sill painted -- black, or brown?

(2) What color was the roof painted -- aluminum, or brown? Or
was it unpainted galvanized metal?

(3) Does anyone know what brand of hand brake was used?

(4) Do you know exactly what type of trucks were used?

Thanks for your help! I am using the old Pacific HO model sides
with new Branchline Trains roof and ends, and other replacement
details. It's looking pretty good so far...

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@a...>
Sterling, Massachusetts