Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Brookfield Derailment.

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Brookfield Derailment.
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 06:20:11 -0500
Karl,

As I said, the appearance was of a higher speed impact than
would be possible if only gravity was involved. I may have not
known anything else but I did know that yard.

How about if the "Snuffies" had seen it start to move and tried
to chase it down with their units? The joint doesn't make and
all they do is crack the drawbar and make it go much faster.
When they got me up there the units were sitting on the lead
at the West end and were not tied on to any track. The switches
were still lined for #3. They said they had run down there with
the power to "see what had happened". Does this make more
sense?

As to the journal inspection deal I'll save one of those for this
afternoon.

Russ