Re: [BRHSlist] Stock cars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Stock cars
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:25:17 +1200
Cc: <mcewedg@r...>
Greg

If you want a cheap alternative, take an Athern 40' stock car, carve off the
road name and number boards, cut through to create the new boards, fill in
the spaces on the upper part of the doors, trim off the vertical grab iron
support to the left of the doors, add new road name and number boards, and
you've an approximation of an SM-19B.
The only drawback is the wide board about halfway up, where a double deck
would be fitted.
There are plans and photos in Bulletin #25, and photos in Mike Spoor's CB&Q
Equipment book pages 74 & 75

Rupert