Re: [BRHSlist] Suspicous?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Suspicous?
From: jkohl <jkohl@n...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
>I recall reading the account of that "foot sllipped" affair...Think it
might
>have been on the late lamented ICCWebsite...
>You have to remember that the lower the speed the greater the effect of
slack
>action in most cases....Of course, before someone puts it in,  there is no
>slack action when the train is stopped.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree it *could* happen, Pete, it's just after some of
the stories that you all have related have opened my eyes a bit. I can see
it as the result of some engineer who thought it would be fun to do a little
mischief to his crew...and unfortunately found to his chagrin that his
actions did a bit more than that. The conductor was thrown into a bulkhead
and lost an eye...

Of course, hopefully it was an honest mistake...not that it makes any
difference to the conductor, but it would be rather bad if someone had
accidentally-purposefully caused it...

Cheers!

Jan