Re: [BRHSlist] Black Hills interurban

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Black Hills interurban
From: jonathanharris@e...
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:51:56 -0700
John --

There was an article in the Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette sometime
around 1980 (could be off by a year or two) on the Deadwood Central
interurban line. The title was something like "Trolleys in the Foothills,"
and it was part of a longer series they were running then on narrow gauge
railroads in the Black Hills area. Don't recall the precise date or author.
Maybe someone else on the list has the exact reference. I have the magazine
somewhere, but much of my library (including all those back issues) is
buried now amid house remodeling, so I can't give you any more information
than this. You should be able to track it down, though, using the on-line
Model Train Magazine Index (http://index.mrmag.com/). The Gazette does have
an archival photocopy service too, I believe, in case you can't lay your
hands on an original copy.

And if you figure out a good starting point for converting an interurban
kit into one of the DC's cars, let us know!

Good luck,
Jonathan