Q Buses

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Q Buses
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@E...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:42:12 -0000
In some recent posts, there were several comments concerning Q bus
operations. While going through some of my Grandmother's possesions,
I found an apparent General Motors newspaper magazine section ad
staged at Downers Grove showing one of the Zephyrs, a GM powered semi
and a GM powered bus. I have posted a copy in the "Files" section under the
title of "GM Ad at Downers Grove". Obviously, the truck is not parked in a
normal roadway, but rather on the waiting platform. If you look closely, you
can see the temporary ramp contructed at the curbing to allow parking the
truck in that location. My guess is that the ad was made in the late 1930s. The
Zephyr apprears to be one of the two 2nd Twin City trains. Can anyone
identify the truck and the bus as to make and vintage? I don't believe Q bus
service ever operated from Downers Grove nor did Q truck line service.
However, Railway Express Agency trucks regularly stopped at the east end of
the Q DG depot.

Bill Barber