wedron wreck

To: BRHS list <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: wedron wreck
From: Eric Mumper <eric_mumper@m...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:06:28 -0600
Sender: ericm@m...
Karl,
I would like to share a brief story sent to me by my Dad about the
Wedron wreck and Wedron in general.

Eric Mumper

>From my Dad:
Great photos! A lot of boxcars piled into a small area. I believe there
were some under the first layer that were smashed flat. In picture 2
(Merger.jpg), the store in the background is Doyle Hoxey's General Store
and Abattoir (meat market). He got up at three, butchered the beef,
hauled them to the store and cut them up. If a customer pulled up to
the gas pumps he would stop butchering and run out to pump the gas then
dash back into the store. Usually closed about 6 pm. I don't know how
he did it (six days a week) but he is still living and in his 90's.