Re: [BRHSlist] "Drawbar Tester".

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] "Drawbar Tester".
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:25:38 -0600
Teddy Bear told me this story once, presume it's true.

Making a setout at Rochelle one very cold night with a long
heavy train. Fair amount of air had been set to stop. TB
walks back to make the cut, does so, and signals the
Engineer "ahead". Pulls out his handkerchief and is blowing
his nose when he can hear the pin drop. Hands and lantern
are not in the right position to make things stop and just
when he reaches the pin lifter the Engineer starts moving.
The forward motion against an immovable train does the
rest of the job. In his words, "We got a lung."

Life on the Railroad,

Russ