Re: [BRHSlist] More Railroad Poetry

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] More Railroad Poetry
From: Val Nelson <super-chief-val@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:33:09 -0600
Great Poem,Pete!! And great clarifications, too. There's just a few
terms/expressions,
tho, that I'm curious about:

"give a yank" I assume that's a whistle blow
"drawhead" ??
"drawbars down" I assume is broken couplers
"break the chain" ?? attempt at breaking a coupler/train?

Thanks for tolerating my ignorance!