Re: [BRHSlist] Signs of old age

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Signs of old age
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:15:50 -0800 (PST)
Pete
I knew Albert Way and I knew Jack Hamer very well.
Jack was one of the finest gentlemen, I ever met and
was a top notch railroad official. He talked to
section men just he talked to the other officals. He
knew how the railroad worked and he knew that
railroaders made it work! I knew G.L. Griggs Jr., too.
He was known as "Louis" and his father was known as
"George". Louis was a track man, for sure. He had been
roadmaster at Centralia and Beardstown and Ass't
Engineer, Track at Galesburg and I think at
Beardstown, as well. I also met R.B Batty, one time
when he was Fuel Traffic Manager.
John