CB&Q Poetry and Music

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q Poetry and Music
From: jonathanharris@e...
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:14:12 -0800
Pete - Thank you for taking the time to search out those quotes. Wonderful
stuff!

And thank you Gerald and Ray and any/everyone else who's searched through
their collections to feed my (our) curiosity on these obscure topics. I've
said it before: This is part of what makes our list such an amazing group -
your willingness to discuss and share your knowledge - not just about the
nuts and bolts of railroading (real and model), but even such acane topics
as these. Much appreciated!

John - Thanks for your efforts with the Waltz and the March. Needless to
say, I'm intereseted in this music too. Maybe we could approach the problem
a bit "lower tech" than what you've tried thus far or what Darren suggests.
To wit: If you have the capability of producing even a poor-quality but
legible photocopy of the music, and could mail it to me, I should be able
to enter the notes by hand into Finale (for those unfamiliar, that's a
music scoring program) and produce a clean, legible copy for you and anyone
else who's interested (including the BRHS archives). It might take a little
time, since I'm just learning the program, but I have several friends who
are quite facile with it. Presumably a midi file could be generated from
the completed score/digital file as well. Contact me off list if you want
me to give it a try.

Best,
Jonathan Harris