Signal bridge colors

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Signal bridge colors
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:32:05 -0800
Although I was raised adjacent to several Burlington signal bridges, I actually have no childhood memory that they were painted in a "boxcar red", or some sort of iron oxide- so I have had to presume that the red had to be relatively dark, or at least weathered pretty "dark".

Do any of you have some thoughts about just what paint shades would be appropriate? (So many of the current "boxcar reds" have an almost pastel appearance).

I am not picky about paint shades, just as long as they "look" appropriate.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, CA