Re: [BRHSlist] Green Marked Coal

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Green Marked Coal
From: "Jon Bratt" <jkbratt@w...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:18:27 -0600
From: John D. Mitchell, Jr.
To: list BRHS
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 9:42 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Green Marked Coal

I have a couple of comments about Green marked Coal.
The roots of the color, that Old Ben used, is the fact
that the Buchanan family, which had the controlling
interest in the company, was Irish. In the East, the
Berwind-White Coal Co. used white paint to mark their
coal and the Blue Diamond Coal Co. used blue paint.
The "Green Marked Coal" marketing campaign was a
company legend, at Old Ben.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.