BB 35....Old Ben Coal

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: BB 35....Old Ben Coal
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:20:28 EST
Listers...especially John Mitchell

Following the old addage passed along to me a few years ago by a pastor
friend of mine...he would use the Latin...I don't recall it..."Repetition is
the mother of studies"
I was perusing BB No. 35 and came across the material and the information
that Old Ben Coal Company marked their coal with a distinctive green paint so
that it could be readily identified.

In keeping with my own personal philosophy of remembering only those items
which are utter trivia with no importance at all, I recalled the advertising
jingle of Old Ben Coal regarding their green coal....

It was sung to the tune of an Irish melody but I can't remember the opening
line, but it finished with....."Upon my soul, this green marked coal beats
any coal I've seen".

All right John Mitchell, lets have the "rest of the story".

Pete