Re: [BRHSlist] Need info about Rockford, Rock Island & St. Louis RR

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Need info about Rockford, Rock Island & St. Louis RR
From: "sdwest" <sdwest@m...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:09:52 -0600
Thanks, Bill!
Another piece of the puzzle!!

Regards,
Wade

----- Original Message -----
From: <Q5632west@a...>
To: <sdwest@m...>; <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 10:30 AM

In a message dated 2/25/03 8:17:47 am, sdwest@m... writes:

>I'm working on a historical project in the Rock Island, IL area, and
>am looking for any and all information regarding the "Q" predecessor
>R,RI & St. L RR.

Greetings:

This road proposed to run up the Rock River Valley gave competing business
interests in Ogle County one more project to fight over. See below. Note in
this account the Rockford, Rock Island and St. Louis is succeeded by the St.
Louis, Rock Island and Chicago as previously mentioned, but it then morphs
without explanation into the St. Louis, Rockford and Chicago. I don't know
if that's a typo or actually reflects another name change.

Regards,

Bill Diven