Re: simulating stainless steel

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: simulating stainless steel
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@m...>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:34:10 -0800
At the recent Prototype Modeler's Meet in Cocoa Beach, FL, Andy Sperandeo demonstrated to what I judged to be a pretty well convinced and sophisticated audience what he had found to be the best method so far: Alcad silver paint applied over gloss black (Scalecoat in this instance). Alcad is commonly available in R/C hobby stores.

My view? I thought it looked pretty good. Andy passed around the room an Athearn fluted car body (RPO) so painted, and it was extremely attractive, better looking in fact than some of the many plated brass cars in my own possession.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, CA