Re: Latest Walthers Passenger Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Latest Walthers Passenger Cars
From: "icrr83 <icrr83@y...>" <icrr83@y...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:46:18 -0000
I don't think that the Walther's Obs car is a New York Central car.
In the past week, I saw the NYC Babbling Brook(New England States)
and NYC Wingate Brook(20th Century Limited), and they look NOTHING
like the Walthers Obs. First, they have a vestibule, and the NYC
cars have a corrugated letterboard. Second, the NYC cars have a
smaller taillight. Last, the NYC cars have Inside Swinghanger trucks
(like Q cars), not the Oustide swinghanger trucks like the Walthers
cars. Go to www.americanrail.com/Featured Railcars/Wingate Brook for
a look at an NYC obs. We also have the Silver Quail in our fleet!

Justin Sobeck
Christopher, IL