E-5 Stainless Steel Panels

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: E-5 Stainless Steel Panels
From: railbass@a...
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:45:09 +0000
I have a P2K undecorated E6 A and B that I am planning to modify to a Q E-5
A/B set. I have the corrugated side panels from Union Station Products. My
question is whether anyone has tried Bare-Metal Foil to simulate stainless
steel panels on the Q E units. If so, how well does that appear as stainless
steel? How easy is it to work with? How well do decals such as Microscale
adhere to the surface and does the decal film blend in? I also have the
Stewart F-3A/B/A set built for the CZ, but the color photos in Holck's
Burlington Route, Vol. 1, appear to show that these 3 units were painted
silver and not stainless steel. Did they ever have stainless steel on them,
especially when they were in service on the CZ?
- John Manion
Denver, CO
railbass@a...