Tank car Placement

To: Brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Tank car Placement
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:55:33 EST
I dont recall any restrictions on tank cars in the 70s. I do believe it
started in the 80s after all the hazmat incidents of the 70s.
Look at copies of carriers SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS which detaill all the
important restrictions,exceptiosn,etc
The Q special instructions/timetable list what trks certain engines were
allowed/banned from. Not only can you tell what steam engines were still
operating but also learn a lot about local track names/industries.

Leo