re: Il Midland

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: re: Il Midland
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 20:24:56 -0600
Bcc:

Rail Classics had article on it yrs ago (I have the issue if someone can tell me which yr/month to look) and believe there's pic in a Beebe book. Their engine shed still exists as shed for elevator operator (which ran the RR) and there is 'memorial' made up of a wheel and a hand car or push car near end of line. You can see roadbed from Q interchange yet. Q had quite a few shortline connections where it was the only Class 1 to join the line. Would be good subject for a BB as many used 2nd hand Q equipment, etc. Gerald