Tank car placement in train

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Tank car placement in train
From: "graywolfs2 <graywolfs2@h...>" <graywolfs2@h...>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 00:22:55 -0000
Leo, this is probably a question that you can answer...but am open to
all comers.
When did RR's start having rules about placement of tank cars so as
to not have them right next to the waycar? I am talking about
flammable/dangerous loads, but am also wondering about other not so
dangerous loads. A model RR operating group I am associated with have
been having disscusions about this and I thought I'd ask around
here...may be this will get me out of the "lurker" catagory..LOL.
Thanks for all your help and info.

Greg K.
Minnesota