I. B. Parks

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: I. B. Parks
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:48:38 -0600
I received an inquiry regarding an 10-17-1851 letter stating that this person's
g-g-great uncle was the engineer on a locomotive name "I. B. Parks" and it
talks about him going to Toledo to pick up the engine. They have letters from
circa 1863 stating he was an employee of the CB&Q. However, I cannot find
mention of a locomotive with that name in any of the BRHS material for any of
the predecessor roads to the CB&Q. Does anybody on the list have any ideas what
this locomotive might have been, or which railroad it might have belonged to?

Dave